Monday, November 8, 2010

In the Home Stretch...

Well, I am officially nearing the end! Wa-hoo!!! I will be graduating in one month! It seems like it has been an eternity! As I am typing this I am actually taking a study break. I have a test this coming Thursday and NCLEX review today through Wed. Ugh! Just to give you an idea of how crazy my life is right now...

I am required to get 201 clinical hours between October 18th and December 3rd... So I am having to pretty much work a full time job. I am in the Labor and Delivery Unit and LOVING it! So far I have seen about 10-15 beautiful babies come into this world! =D Although it is stressful having to leave at 5:45 in the AM and not get home until 8:15 in the PM just to eat, shower, sleep and do it all over again, I am loving where I am at.

To make things even more crazy, I have had to do a journal each week, a daily clinical log, projects every other week and two tests in between all of that... Ugh! I can't even take much time to breathe! 

I have been trying to make time for myself amidst all of this chaos, but it's definitely been hard. Thank goodness we have friends like the McHams, Castenedas and Badeaux who are gracious enough to cook us meals every now and then! We LOVE you all!

In the midst of all of this craziness we still manage to have a life. Tong has "started" his photography business... Take a peek at http://UtakritPhotography.blogspot.com! He is so awesome! (Ok, I may be just a little bit biased!) But, take a look for yourself... you'll see! I, on the other hand, have started selling Mark Kay. I absolutely love doing this and it has been rewarding already! It has been so easy to do this even though I am so busy with nursing school. Since Tong has his special website posted, I get to too! hehe! Go look at my awesome website: www.marykay.com/Leigh.Utakrit 

I also took a Comprehensive NCLEX Practice Review and it said that I have a 90% chance of passing my NCLEX the first time I take it! =D Yea! Crazy to think I may actually be putting RN behind my name here in the next few months! Yikes!

Life has been crazy, but God keeps us on track and grounded! If it seems like we haven't talked to you in forever, it's not because we don't want to... it's because we don't even have time to talk to ourselves! yikes! We love you all lots! Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment